Portable Photosynthesis System
An affordable, accurate and user friendly field portable system designed for basic research
CO2 & H2O Gas Analysis
The TARGAS-1 console is compact, lightweight (2.1 kg) and is packaged in a rugged, aluminum enclosure with a shock absorbing polyurethane base making it extremely robust and reliable under harsh environmental conditions. It incorporates two non-dispersive infrared gas analyzers for CO2 and H2O ensuring accurate measurement and control of both CO2 and H2O. An internal air supply unit provides accurately controlled reference air to the leaf cuvette and another pump draws the sample (analysis) air to the gas analyzer. Both pumps are user controlled and accuracy is ensured by two internal electronic flow sensors.
The TARGAS-1 is perfectly suited for applications that demand portability and a high degree of accuracy and control with minimal maintenance. The design of the instrument ensures an inherent calibration stability that has been confirmed by many years of experience in gas analysis technology. The TARGAS-1 gas analyzers should not require frequent recalibration, although we do recommend periodic checks to confirm system integrity. Both the CO2 and H2O gas analyzers employ a non-dispersive, infrared measurement technique, coupled with microprocessor-based signal processing, to achieve excellent stability and specificity to CO2 and H2O. Our innovative “Auto-Zero” technology ensures fast warm up, long term stability, accuracy and analyzer calibration. It also minimizes the effects on span gas sensitivity, sample cell contamination, IR source aging, changes in detector sensitivity and electronics.
All electrical and gas connections, USB interface, power and desiccants are conveniently located on the console rear panel.
Powerful Battery Technology
The TARGAS-1 is supplied with a very efficient, powerful and rechargeable Li-ion battery capable of providing operation in the field for up to 10 hours. The instrument can also be used with an AC power supply (included) for continuous operation from the mains in the laboratory.
Data storage is virtually unlimited. Data is stored on a USB flash drive (memory stick) for safe storage and easy transfer of data to your PC.
An Innovative, large, touch display (EPD) features simple and intuitive system navigation and it offers excellent viewing under high sunlight.
Product Features :
- Lightweight console (2.1 kg) and leaf cuvette (0.7 kg)
- High precision, compact, non-dispersive infrared gas analyzers for both CO2 and H2O
- Automatic temperature and pressure compensation
- Control of CO2 and H2O
- Control of light (light unit optional)
- Powerful, internal rechargeable battery providing up to 10 hours continuous use
- Large touch display with excellent sunlight readability and optimized viewing angle
- Numerical and graphical presentation of data
- Built-in air supply unit and sampling pump with electronic flow sensors
- Wide range of accessories and sensors available
Portable Photosynthesis System
CO2 and H2O Gas Analyzers
The heart and soul of any photosynthesis system is the analyzer. Accurate, reliable and stable measurement and control of CO2 and H2O is critical for high-level research. The CIRAS-3 is a “true differential analyzer” featuring 4 independent, non-dispersive gas analyzers for accurate, simultaneous measurement and control of both CO2 and H2O. This is a significant advantage over “gas switching” systems and a major requirement for most researchers. For enhanced reliability, there are no moving parts such as chopper motors or filter wheels. The gas analyzers include an infrared source, highly polished, gold plated sample cells and detectors that are optimized for CO2 (4.26 µm) and H2O (2.60 µm). The analyzers act as absorptiometers measuring infrared absorption only. The optical bench is temperature controlled and pressure compensated ensuring the most accurate measurement of CO2 and H2O under changing ambient conditions.
- CO2: 0-10000 µmol mol-1
- H2 0-Dewpoint
The design of the CIRAS-3 ensures an inherent calibration stability that has been confirmed by over 35 years of experience in gas analysis technology. The CIRAS-3 features an innovative Auto-Zero function that allows for fast warm-up, adaptation to changing ambient conditions and excellent stability. In short, you can expect your calibration to be accurate, reliable and stable for many years without the need for time-consuming, expensive recalibration. The Auto-Zero function minimizes effects on span (gas sensitivity) of sample, source aging, changes in detector sensitivity and changes in pre-amplifier gain. Periodic system checks are simple and recommended to confirm system integrity and calibration.
The level of environmental control in the field with the CIRAS-3 is unsurpassed. The CIRAS-3 offers complete, independent and automatic control of CO2, H2O, temperature and light for response curves (i.e. A/Ci curves, light response, etc.) with fast time response. Control over all environmental parameters can be dynamic or pre-programmed for automated response curve generation. All power required for environmental control is provided by the internal rechargeable Li-ion battery (no external power supply is required).
CO2 Control – Unlike some systems, automatic CO2 control is standard with the CIRAS-3. Our innovative, integral gas blender and regulator mixes pure CO2 provided by mini CO2 cartridges (8 g) with CO2 free air to provide a very accurate, stable, continuous and constant flow of CO2. Each CO2 cartridge is capable of providing up to a minimum of 12 hours continuous use. It is very easy to change out cartridges and there is little to no maintenance required for the
- CO2gas blender or regulator.
- CO2 Control Range: 0-2000 umol mol-1
- H2O Control – On-board, self-indicating desiccants are used for conditioning the H2O concentrations per user selected intervals.
- H2O Control Range: 0-Dewpoint
- Measurements above ambient are also easily achieved.
Temperature Control – Automatic, accurate and stable temperature control is standard and integral with all leaf cuvettes. Peltier elements are mounted to the head along with heat sink and fans for precise control of temperature over a wide range. The user has the ability to disable temperature control, track ambient or to control at a set temperature.
- Temperature Control Range: ~10 oC below ambient to 15 oC above ambient
- Ambient Temperature Limits: 0-45 oC
- Small footprint and lightweight
- Internal, rechargeable Li-ion battery providing up to 8 hours operation
- 4 Independent, non-dispersive infrared gas analyzers for both CO2 and H2O
- Large, full color, 7.0″ transflective LCD for field use and optimized viewing angle
- Unlimited data storage (internal memory and thumb drives)
- Flexible and versatile user interface
- Powerful software
- Range of accessories for soil respiration, canopy assimilation and chlorophyll fluorescence