Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometer
The AF420 is a Simultaneous Double Beam Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometer provides elemental analysis for sub trace detection of hydride-forming elements.
AF420 Simultaneous Double Beam Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometer for ULTRA Trace Element Analysis.
The AF400 Simultaneous Double Beam Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometer provides elemental analysis for sub trace detection of hydride-forming elements. The design and functionality provides enhanced sensitivities and reduced interferences for parts per trillion (ppt) detection of Mercury (Hg), Arsenic (As), Cadmium (Cd), Zinc (Zn), Bismuth (Bi), Selenium (Se), Tellurium (Te), Antimony (Sb), Tin (Sn), Germanium (Ge), and Lead (Pb)
Limits of Detection in water:
Element Detection Limit (µg/ml) RSD %
Arsenic (As) <0.001 <1%
Bismuth (Bi) <0.001 <1%
Cadmium (Cd) <0.0001 <1%
Germanium (Ge) <0.05 <1%
Mercury (Hg) <0.001 <1%
Lead (Pb) <0.01 <1%
Antimony (Sb) <0.01 <1%
Tin (Sn) <0.01 <1%
Tellurium (Te) <0.01 <1%
Zinc (Zn) <1.0 <1%
The automated AF420 is an ideal instrument for elemental analysis in various market and research industries including:
- Agricultural l Public health
- Pharmaceutical l Metallurgical
- Food and beverage
- Geological l Petrochemical
- High intensity hollow cathode lamps for improved sensitivity and stability.
- Pre-aligned lamp assemblies for trouble free installation.
- All lamps are uniquely data coded offering important information to the PF Win operating software.
- Up to 3 lamps can be installed for simultaneous analysis.
- Double beam optical system to eliminate drift from the light source and the detector.
- Shielded optical design greatly reducing light interference.
- Enhanced signal to noise ratio for increased analytical sensitivity.
- Unique optical configuration for increased Fluorescence AFS systems.
- High Quantum Solar Blind detector fitted as standard to ensure optimum stability.
- High precision quartz tube designed for optimum performance, durability and long life.
- Adjustable height control for improved optimisation.
- Integrated 2 stage, fully sealed, fume exhaust system to decontaminate toxic elements and pollution.
- Gold Mesh fitted to the chimney removes any mercury pollutant.
- Integrated continuous flow Hydride System.
- Gas pressure sampling offers maintenance free operation.
- Online auto dilution and multiple auto purge by gas driven sequential injection system.
- Fully sealed reservoir bottles for extended solution life.
- New design Gas Liquid Separator with magnetic stirring for improved repeatability of analytical results.
- Liquid Separator cooled directly by specially designed Peltier system to remove unwanted water in the formed hydride and greatly reduce Fluorescence quenching thus increasing the sensitivity.
- Unique high volume reagent storage positioned outside of the instrument to reduce contamination.
- Connection of carrier and reducer liquids to instrument using long life chemical resistant FEP tubing.
- PF Win software offers full control of AF420 instrument and accessories.
- Features include: QC functions, online data sharing, self diagnostics, result and resource management.
- Full GLP version available for multiuser group management and log.